This Week’s Harvest
Poblano Peppers, Bel Fiore & Sugarloaf Chicories, Fresh Cabernet Onions,Fairytale + Asian + ItalianEggplant, Slicing Tomatoes, Lorz Softneck Garlic,Red Russian Kale, Loose Carrots, Summer Squash & Zucchini, Olympian Cucumbers, Lemon Cucumbers, Salad Mix, Rosaine Little Gems, Arugula, Bok Choi, Rainbow Chard
- Pickling Cucumbers (See below for tips and instructions)
- Amethyst Green Beans
- Albion Strawberries
- Purple Snow Peas (Gleanings)
- Sugar Snap Peas (Gleanings)
- Frying Peppers (See our Week 5 & 6 Newsletter for harvest tips)
- Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Dill,Tulsi Basil, Italian Basil, Thai Basil, Purple Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Tarragon, Onion Chives, Garlic Chives, Vietnamese Coriander, Culinary Lavender, Culinary Sage, French Sorrel, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Balm, Perilla & Purple Shiso, Chamomile, Cilantro, Mints, Anise Hyssop
I’ll be sure to check out the Chicory this week, and I’m looking forward to the Poblanos – I’d love to do a gluten-free Chile Relleno – perhaps baked instead of fried – along with some fresh farm salsa.
The chile rellenos are great – I take off the tops, insert some manchego cheese (not stuffed with it), oil them up a bit and bake them at 350. I’d like to see if I can get them a bit softer, but this is a super simple way to go and very tasty with some fresh farm salsa. Soaking some dried sprouted pinto beans for tonight.
Hey Tyler thanks so much for including me in your updates. I know what a marvelous cook you are and every time I read something that you’ve put together I think “oh I should try that!” I’m not far from you but with all that’s going on we might as will be light years away. I’m in San Francisco where it is very foggy but all is well! Take care of yourself and AliSun…:) Marcia
How lovely to hear from you Marcia! We are a world apart, even if its just 90 miles or so. What a shame, but as long as we are all safe and healthy, we’re good! Love and blessings…