This Week’s Harvest
Poblano Peppers, Bel Fiore & Sugarloaf Chicories, Fresh Cabernet Onions,Fairytale + Asian + ItalianEggplant, Slicing Tomatoes, Lorz Softneck Garlic,Red Russian Kale, Loose Carrots, Summer Squash & Zucchini, Olympian Cucumbers, Lemon Cucumbers, Salad Mix, Rosaine Little Gems, Arugula, Bok Choi, Rainbow Chard
- Pickling Cucumbers (See below for tips and instructions)
- Amethyst Green Beans
- Albion Strawberries
- Purple Snow Peas (Gleanings)
- Sugar Snap Peas (Gleanings)
- Frying Peppers (See our Week 5 & 6 Newsletter for harvest tips)
- Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Dill,Tulsi Basil, Italian Basil, Thai Basil, Purple Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Tarragon, Onion Chives, Garlic Chives, Vietnamese Coriander, Culinary Lavender, Culinary Sage, French Sorrel, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Balm, Perilla & Purple Shiso, Chamomile, Cilantro, Mints, Anise Hyssop
I’ll be sure to check out the Chicory this week, and I’m looking forward to the Poblanos – I’d love to do a gluten-free Chile Relleno – perhaps baked instead of fried – along with some fresh farm salsa.
The chile rellenos are great – I take off the tops, insert some manchego cheese (not stuffed with it), oil them up a bit and bake them at 350. I’d like to see if I can get them a bit softer, but this is a super simple way to go and very tasty with some fresh farm salsa. Soaking some dried sprouted pinto beans for tonight.